Authentic Analog Synthesizer with 3 VCOs, Ladder Filter, LFO and Eurorack Format
- Amazing analog synthesizer with triple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “D Type” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenylene Sulphide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Semi-modular design requires no patching for immediate performance
- Overdrive circuit adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 48 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Low and high level outputs featuring highest signal integrity signal stages
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
A Passion for Keyboards
Our founder, Uli Behringer has a deep passion for keyboards. Born in the small town of Baden, Switzerland in 1961, Uli grew up in a musical family where his mother taught him to play the piano at the tender age of four. His father was a scientist who built a massive organ in the family home and taught the young lad all about electronics. So at the age of 17, Behringer built his first synthesizer – the UB-1. Later, while attending college to seek a degree in audio engineering, Uli put his electronics knowledge to use, building his own equalizers and signal processors to fill the gap left by the university's inability to provide enough proper studio gear. Word soon spread about how good his products were, and he began building gear for his friends – the BEHRINGER legacy had begun. The rest, as they say, is history...
The 1970s spawned the first truly portable analog synthesizer, and while it was quickly adopted by lots of renowned musical artists including Jan Hammer, Chick Corea, Rick Wakeman, Jean-Michel Jarre, Isao Tomita and Keith Emerson to name a few, it was somewhat temperamental and very expensive. An ultra-affordable homage to that iconic synthesizer, with all the features of the original and then some, the BEHRINGER MODEL D lets you conjure up virtually any monophonic sound imaginable with incredible finesse and ease. The pure analog signal path is based on authentic VCO, VCF, VCA and ladder filter designs in conjunction with a dedicated and fully analog triangle/ square wave LFO. And when it comes to protection and convenience, the MODEL D can even be mounted in a standard Eurorack, making it ideal for the studio and/or the road. Owning a MODEL D is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to freely embrace the past – or shape the future!
True to the Original
Great care has been taken in designing the MODEL D including the true to the original “D Type” circuitry with its matched transistors and JFETs, ultra-high precision 0.1% thin film resistors and polyphenylene sulphide capacitors. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the MODEL D its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones, stunning effects, progressive organ sounds – and all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Big, Fat Tones
The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1970s and '80s are etched in the annals of progressive rock, wave and synth-pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. MODEL D’s pure analog signal path with legendary VCO, VCF and VCA circuits, lets you recreate all of that magic – or design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
VCO Triple Play
MODEL D’s 3 highly-flexible Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) provide an incredible range of 5 waveforms for sculpting the perfect sound. Oscillators 1 and 2 options include: triangular; triangular/saw; saw; square; wide pulse; and narrow pulse, while OSC 3 features: triangular; reverse saw; saw; square; wide pulse; and narrow pulse. Additionally, all 3 VCOs can be adjusted across an extremely-wide, 6-octave range (LO, 32', 16', 8', 4', and 2'). This amazing flexibility gives you all the tools you need to be your creative best.
*Warranty details can be found at musictribe.com.