2 Way 600 Watt Dual Concentric Down-Firing Mid-High Large Format Loudspeaker for High Performance Installation Applications
- 2 way down-firing mid-high loudspeaker for high performance installation applications
- 600 Watt Class-D power amplifier with integrated digital signal processing
- Dual Concentric 3.5" and 1.75" diaphragm compression drivers for mid and high frequency reproduction
- Patented PSW waveguide technology provides acoustic centre alignment for coherent wavefront at horn throat
- Phase coherent point source provides exceptional transient response and dispersion control
- 80° x 50° conical dispersion allows installation of tightly packed point-source clusters
- Precise time alignment eliminates interference from multiple driver sources
- Extremely high efficiency design provides high SPL for modest power input
- Modular design for versatile and compact cluster configurations
- VNET interface for network control, diagnostics and monitoring
- Internally braced birch plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- 2 handles ergonomically integrated into cabinet
- Optional vertical flyware with 10:1 safety ratio (available separately)
- Neutrik etherCON* connectors for network input and link output
- Neutrik powerCON* for a secure locking mains power connection
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Integrated with cutting edge digital signal processing, network control and dual channel Class D amplification, the VQNET 85DF (Down Fill) is a dedicated two-way down-firing Mid/High loudspeaker designed to seamlessly integrate with the VQ full range and VQNET MB loudspeakers, matching their exact footprint. The down firing configuration allows the VQNET 85DF to be tight packed without the need for any complex fly-ware. With a coverage patte of 80 x 50 degrees, the VQNET 85DF will provide even coverage to the areas immediately below the main flown loudspeakers.
The second amplifier channel output (800 W) is located next to the input panel on an NL4 connector and can be used to drive a passive loudspeaker such as a second VQ DF or a VQ MB with full DSP functionality. For full range use the VQNET 85DF can also be used with VQNET MB; this driven from the second amplifier channel in the VQNET 85DF.
Our unique approach in keeping what is effectively a Dual Concentric behind a single ho gives us many performance advantages. Performance of the VQNET 85DF in terms of accuracy & sound quality is second to none. The VQNET 85DF ho design principles provide definitive and measurable advantages over multiple-ho and co-axial designs.
The VQNET 85DF incorporates a unique driver technology to radiate a coherent single point source for superior dispersion control when coupled to a PSW™ (Point Source Waveguide). This advanced design aligns the acoustical centres of the transducers providing a single coherent wavefront emanating from the throat. The PSW™ waveguide achieves an optimum balance of extremely well controlled coverage, smooth frequency response, and natural sound character. The low frequency section, two (12”) low frequency transducers, offers high power handling and low power compression for high continuous SPL capability.
For outdoor applications, weather resistant enclosures which incorporate stainless steel hardware are available.
VNET NETWORKED DSP
Tannoy's proprietary VNET loudspeaker networking platform comprises both software and hardware DSP components for complete loudspeaker system diagnostics and monitoring.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Tribe. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at musictri.be.