12" PowerDual Full Range Loudspeaker for Portable and Installation Applications
- Full range multi-purpose sound reinforcement loudspeaker for portable and installation applications
- 350 Watts continuous, 1,400 Watts peak power
- 12” PowerDual full range driver for point source phase coherence
- Precise 75º dispersion for optimum coverage and forward projection
- Ideal for FOH, floor monitor and side fill applications
- Configurable for bi-amp operation
- Vented and internally braced plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Blanking plate for optional VTH pole mount
- Optional horizontal and vertical mounting yokes (available separately)
- Integrip handles ergonomically integrated into top and bottom of cabinet
- Neutrik speakON* NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link output
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The VX 12HP is built around a single 300 mm (12") PowerDual driver mounted within a compact, rugged plywood cabinet, and renowned for its exceptional performance and versatility. The latest high powerhandling version of TANNOY’s exclusive point source, constant directivity PowerDual technology ensures high power output with high sensitivity and exceptional efficiency. The point source driver technology allows this unique configuration to deliver exceptionally smooth beam-width characteristics resulting in an even coverage pattern aiding predictable system design. Symmetrical dispersion characteristics enhance speaker placement flexibility, allowing vertical or horizontal mounting of single or multi-cabinet arrays without any compromise in sound quality. The VX 12HP is also ideally suited for use complimenting much larger systems, making it an excellent choice for both installed and portable applications.
The VX 12HP can also be configured for bi-amp operation.
The 1,400-Watt 305 mm (12") version of TANNOY’s VX Series exclusive point source loudspeakers, VX 12HP’s PowerDual driver ensures high power output with high sensitivity and exceptional efficiency. VX 12HP delivers precise 75º dispersion for optimum coverage, exceptional forward gain plus the added benefit of improved low-mid extension from the twin driver configuration.
VX 12HP’s trapezoidal enclosure design provides a multitude of placement options including: installed performance sound reinforcement, FOH, floor monitor, high SPL delay, and more. A blanking plate for optional VTH pole mounting is provided for placement atop a subwoofer in portable PA applications. Mounting options include horizontal and vertical mounting yokes (available separately), and 8 M10 Flying inserts. All hardware has been tested and certified for a greater than 5:1 safety ratio – giving installers complete peace of mind.
Finished in a hard wearing semi matt black paint, the vented and internally braced cabinet is constructed from a combination of 15 mm (5/8") and 18 mm (3/4") plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille. Integrip handles ergonomically integrated into the top and bottom of cabinet make for easy transport. The rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures. VX 12HP loudspeakers are optimized for use with LAB GRUPPEN amplifiers, or LAKE LM Series controllers. A full range of DSP settings to suit many configurations are provided for free download at tannoy.com.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Tribe. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at musictri.be.