8" Dual Concentric Full Range Loudspeaker with Low Frequency Driver for Portable and Installation Applications
- Full range multi-purpose sound reinforcement loudspeaker for portable and installation applications
- 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak power
- 8” Dual Concentric full range driver for point source phase coherence
- 8" low frequency driver for extended bass response
- Precise 90º dispersion for optimum coverage and forward projection
- Ideal for FOH, floor monitor and side fill applications
- Vented and internally braced plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Blanking plate for optional VTH pole mount
- Optional horizontal mounting yoke (available separately)
- Integrip handles ergonomically integrated into top and bottom of cabinet
- Neutrik* speakON NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link output
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The VX 8.2 is a new concept for this type of device, adding new capabilities to the range with its exceptional acoustic clarity, definition and all round acoustical performance. Boasting an exceptional performance-to-size ratio, VX 8.2 provides a compact, yet punchy and sonically articulate solution for medium scale performance sound reinforcement as well as high performance speech reproduction where clarity and vocal character are paramount. The versatile twin driver design and mounting options also make the VX 8.2, due to acoustic matching with the wider range of VX Series models, perfectly capable components within much larger installations.
Dual Concentric Driver
The 800-Watt 200 mm (8") version of TANNOY’s VX Series point source loudspeakers, VX 8.2’s constant directivity Dual Concentric drive unit technology ensures high power output with high sensitivity and exceptional efficiency. VX 8.2 delivers precise 90º dispersion for optimum coverage, exceptional forward gain plus the added benefit of improved low-mid extension from the twin driver configuration. An additional 200 mm (8") low frequency driver is employed to provide extended bass response.
VX 8.2’s trapezoidal enclosure design provides a multitude of placement options including: installed performance sound reinforcement, medium scale FOH, floor monitor, high SPL delay and and more. A blanking plate for optional VTH pole mounting is provided for placement atop a subwoofer in portable PA applications. An extensive range of optional VX 8.2 high performance steel mounting hardware (available separately) includes a horizontal yoke bracket, and Omnimount* spaced inserts for wall and ceiling installation. All hardware has been tested and certified for a greater than 5:1 safety ratio – giving installers complete peace of mind.
Finished in a hard wearing semi matt black paint, the vented and internally braced cabinet is constructed from 15 mm (5/8") plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille. Integrip handles ergonomically integrated into the top and bottom of cabinet make for easy transport. The rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures. VX 8.2 loudspeakers are optimized for use with LAB GRUPPEN amplifiers, or LAKE LM Series controllers. A full range of DSP settings to suit many configurations are provided for free download at tannoy.com.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Tribe. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at musictri.be.